Advanced Woodworking Badge
Teaches advanced woodworking and furniture making techniques and allows access to advanced wood tools.
The 3 hour Advanced Woodworking Badge teaches the techniques of furniture making via project based learning methods - you will be creating a stool. This badge training session is assessed and if you are deemed competent you will receive your Advanced Woodworking Badge.
- Makerspace Safety Induction Badge (MS)
Once you have learnt this badge you will be granted access to the following machines:
- Biscuit and Domino Joiner
- Drop Saw
- Router (Trim/Plunge)
- Track Saw
Please read the Safe Work Procedures document at the link below. You will be asked to enter your zID and zPass to access the document. Click the "Declare As Read" button on the SafeSys website after reading through, then check the declaration below on this page and press Submit.Click here to Read
Drop Saw for Makerspace Use. Skill taught in Advanced Woodworking TrainingClick here to Read
3 hour group badge training. This badge training session is assessed and if you are deemed competent you will receive your Advanced Woodworking Badge.
- Closed shoes must be worn and long hair must be tied back
- Please arrive 10 minutes before the session start time, if you arrive late you will be asked to come back at another session.
- If you can not make the class, please make sure to cancel your registration so others can take your place.