Workshop Safety Badge
Entry level induction to the ENG, DFL, MCIC and The Making Centre (Toolroom) Spaces
This essential Workshop Safety Badge is a ground-up introduction to using and understanding equipment, tools, and methodologies. Learn how to safely and effectively use hand and power tools in everyday situations.
This is a two hour induction, teaching you how to safely operate our hand drills, drill press, bandsaw and other shop tools available. You will be creating a wooden laptop stand to take home during this process and your competence will be assessed.
Once you have learnt this badge you will be granted access to the following machines:
- Air Compressor
- Brad Nail and Staple Guns
- Disc Sander
- Drill (hand held)
- Drill Press
- Hot Wire Cutter
- Oscillating Spindle (Bobbin) Sander
- Powered Hand Tools - Saws
- Wood Bandsaw
Please read the Safe Work Procedures document at the link below, then sign off on the declaration below on this page and press Submit.
Click here to Read
This is a multiple choice exam for the Workshop Safety Induction Badge. You must get 100% on the test to pass.Click here to complete
Learn practical machine and workshop skills in this 2 hour group badge training session. This badge training session is assessed and if you are deemed competent you will receive your Workshop Safety Badge.
- Closed shoes must be worn and no loose clothing/jewellery.
- Please arrive 10 minutes before the session start time, if you arrive late you will be asked to come back at another session.
- Our Workshop Safety Induction is highly sought after and very limited. If you cannot make the class, please make sure to cancel your registration so others can take your place.
- Please note: Minimum 6 people per class, maximum 18. If the minimum is not reached, the course in that time slot will be cancelled and you will need to reschedule. (Numbers may be different depending on size of Makerspace in accordance with Physical Distancing Guidelines)